Sunday 3 November 2013

Kingdom Hearts concept art

This week I have been replaying an old childhood favourite of mine; Kingdom Hearts.
I've always loved the anime(ish) style of the heroes mixed with the classic Disney characters you come across in-game. I have a huge interest in concept art so I decided to look online to see if there was any about.
I found quite a bit on the game info website 'Neoseeker'.
This one for example, is an intitial design of the games main character Sora (like, why does he have a tail?!). I think it's really interesting how much they changed his design for the game.
If you didn't know the game was developed by Square Enix (formerly Squaresoft) you could probably tell from looking at these. You can clearly see the similarities of features between Sora and Cloud from Final Fantasy VII for example. 
I also came across many expression images. I enjoy tinkering with how characters may look in different situations in my own sketches so I find looking at these really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment