Wednesday 21 May 2014

Mameshiba



While I was in Tokyo a couple of years ago, I kept seeing these short animated adverts which were really weird. 
After remembering them again, I decided to have a look for them online. I literally only had 'talking green beans advert Japan' to go by in terms of a Google search but I managed to find the whole series of these ads on YouTube. Turns out they're called Mameshiba which are different varieties of beans that have dog-like faces and tell trivia and they're actually quite popular in the UK in terms of merchandise.
I really like the animated shorts however, I think the kind of watercolour style colour palette works really nice and the sad songs in the background when the bean is talking definitely gives it it's comedic value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment