Thursday 12 May 2016

OUAN602 PPP3: Mediatonic Games



This vancancy with Mediatonic Games as a concept artist caught my eye whilst browsing Linkedin. From the course, I have learned that I am more into the preproduction side of an animation therefore this will be the field I would most likely be looking into should I find myself a creative job. 
Mediatonic Games is a small company, ranging from 51-200 employees altogether. They work across a range of digital platforms creating their own original IP as well as partnering with well established companies such as Square Enix (who I love), Microsoft and Sony in developing new games.

The position is entry level, and would require creating the following

  • Concept Art - Set the style and define visuals of new titles in the studio. Working closely with our Studio Art Director, Concept Artists, Writers and Designers to help bring new worlds to life. Iterate on mood, setting and art style to find the perfect fit.
  • Production Art - Produce sketches, quick-paints and annotations to create briefs for Art Teams - to help them completely understand your work in order to correctly reproduce the style and bring them life.
  • Asset Production - Create in-game artwork and assets ranging from backgrounds and characters, to in-game objects and icons.
  • Pitch Concepts - Rapidly developing ideas and producing high quality, evocative artwork for new game concepts and project pitches within the studio. Supporting artwork for presentation slides to accompany the Key Art images.


The art style is very much up my street so I'm definitely going to polish my portfolio and send it off. I'm not overly keen on the thought of moving to London but it would be an opportunity I couldn't pass up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment