Thursday 12 May 2016

OUAN602 PPP3: Pixar



This job is the whole reason I applied for the course in the first place. I have had my eye on this position since I was at least 13 but have only just been reminded of it when I was browsing Linkedin. 
Pixar Studios is located in Emeryville, California and it is common knowledge that they created the insanely huge Toy Story and many other blockbusters and shorts. 

As I've previously stated, I was unsure whether the skill set I have would be enough the carry me in a creative job but after reading the description for this vacancy I genuinely think I could do it. 

You need the following:

  • Ability to analyze scenes in written form and translate into visual product
  • Ability to express story and character through drawings
  • Ability to invent action and express it through drawing
  • Ability to present work in a clear and entertaining way
  • Ability to work collaboratively
  • Ability to work under pressure, in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
  • Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
  • Experience with Photoshop and Wacom Cintiq drawing tablet helpful

It also states that you need to provide them with 3-5 storyboards to accompany the application. I am definitely going to whip out some refined storyboards over summer and apply for this. I don't for a minute think I've got a cat in hells chance but I'm going to give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment