Tuesday 10 May 2016

OUAN602 PPP3: Splash Damage



I found this vacancy on Linkedin which looks really interesting. It is to be an intern with the studio Splash Damage which is located in Guilford. Splash Damage is an independently owned studio on the outskirts of London, which creates massively multiplayer games. This year, they've launched the multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on the PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Xbox One. I have a great interest in video games, especially online, so this looked right up my street. 


The requirements to apply were as follows

  • Completed or studying towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in animation or other recognised animation course
  • Some experience of using game engines or level editors such as Unreal, Unity, Source or similar
  • Some experience of working on mods or independent game projects
  • Experience with technical animation – rigging/skinning

So as interesting as this vacancy was to me, I better hold off on applying for now. I currently have 0/4 requirements (soon to be 1/4, hopefully!) so I think I should brush up on these skills if I'm seriously thinking of applying. Knowing me, this could take quite a while so maybe keep an eye on this studio for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment