Friday 12 August 2016

OUAN602 PPP3: Evaluation

On a whole, I would say that I have enjoyed my time on the course. I do however, regret that I would have used a lot of my time more efficiently, I could have produced a higher standard of work. 
First year was probably my favourite of the three, as I feel as though then I was at my time management peak which led to me producing a decent standard of work. I went into the course wanting to main in 3D so I was quite disappointed when we were told that the first year would be devoted to drawing/2D animation. It turned out I actually really enjoyed it and discovered a love of 2D which I stuck with for the duration of the course. 
I'm not sure what happened when it came to second year. We started the year with a 3D project which I thought I would thrive in but the project was a bit of a flop. I found myself really struggling to grasp Maya which put a dampener on the project. I enjoyed making a 2D animation for Applied but found it hard to do a good standard of pre and post production alongside blogging which made my marks suffer. It was mostly down to poor time management which unfortunately led into third year. 

Therefore, while I was fond of the course, I am going to practice animation as a hobby in future. I don't think I pushed myself enough to learn as much as I could have on the course which will effect me when it comes to finding the job in the industry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment