Thursday 11 August 2016

OUAN602 PPP3: Sailor Moon Crystal



Before I found a job, I found myself binging watching anime for days. One of the series I gazed at for hours was Sailor Moon Crystal. This beautifully done revamp has been mistaken as just a remake of the 90's anime however the story of this series is true to the manga. I'd heard a lot of bad reviews beforehand so I was quite skeptical of what to expect. The original animated series was my childhood. I adored it because as a child, I didn't really care about the quality of animation, I just loved the ditsy, meatball headed, sailor scout moon princess and her journey. This series was magnificently done, it ignited a flame of nostalgia in my heart. It was a lot more serious than the original, however I understand why they have done this. This reboot has to attract not only original Sailor Moon fans but a whole new demographic which is today's generation, which could not be done if they were reusing material from the 90's as it would be extremely outdated. Today's generation of anime watchers are privileged with new and updated graphics and animation and I, as a long term fan, am happy that Sailor Moon has been given the opportunity to be redone so beautifully in the 21st century. 

No comments:

Post a Comment