Thursday 11 August 2016

OUAN603 PPP3: Sequel to Always

I've recently started a job which requires me to be on the phone for 8 hours a day. While the job itself is quite creatively un-stimulating, time between calls does give me the chance to doodle and my mind to have a wander.
I got thinking about the positive reaction I received at the end of year exhibition, and how much people seemed to enjoy my story and characters. Reactions like that are very encouraging which spurred me on to think about creating another sequel in my spare time to make my bird and fish series a trilogy. 

I had the idea of using Eric Carmens 'Hungry Eyes' (obviously keeping in with the cheesy music I use for my animation), with the piece telling the story of what happened 7 years after Always

Horatio (the bird) has now moved on with another bird and is awaiting her to get ready for a night out. He seems uninterested, but she is persistant she wants to go and continues getting ready. They meet with some friends (also birds) at a dive bar where there will be live music being played. Horatio's girlfriend is very flirty with one of their friends but Horatio does not seem bothered as his mind is elsewhere. They then enter the bar and await for the show to start. The act comes on stage and it happens to be Payola (the fish) who will be singing. Horatio is completely oblivious to the fact his girlfriend is clearly flirting with his friend, he is fixated on Payola. 


The story still needs some development but I like how it seems to be panning out so far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment